Cooking a seemingly exotic meal doesn’t have to be difficult. Here’s a simple recipe for wild salmon.
- Find a reasonably large non-stick pan (mine is 14” diameter).
- Empty a pint of your favorite beer into the pan.
- Add a half-pound to a pound of wild salmon to the beer.
- Add a half cup of wild rice mixed with a half cup of brown rice around the edges of the salmon so the beer covers the salmon in its entirety.
- Simmer salmon and rice on range-top in beer until rice is cooked and salmon is tender.
- Separate salmon from rice. Peel remaining scales from salmon.
- Serve salmon with topping of sage or basil pesto with rice on the side.